Kuwait Health Ministry said 643 new cases of coronavirus have emerged in the past 24 hours, raising the tally to 78,145, with two people having succumbed to the pandemic as the death toll reached 507, according to a health ministry official on Wednesday.
The figures include people, who have come into contact with infected individuals, and others whose source of infection is currently being investigated, ministry spokesman Abdullah Al-Sanad told KUNA.
In terms of health zones, 188 cases were reported in Al-Ahmadi, 148 in Farwaniya, 115 in Jahra, 114 in the Capital and 110 in Hawalli, added the official.
He went on to reveal that 96 cases are currently at the intensive care unit, while the number of active cases is at 7,867.
In regards to those under manadatory institutional quarantine, he said the total number of people who have ended their period reached 17.
This comes after all preventive measures to make sure they were cured from the virus were taken, including the completion of a period of no less than 14 days at mandatory home quarantine after leaving the centre.
Some 4,811 swab tests were conducted in the last 24 hours, out of a total of 573,251 so far, added the spokesman.
He reiterated the strict need to abide by health precautions, urging nationals and expatriates alike that following social distancing rules is the only way to keep the virus at bay.
Earlier, the ministry said 528 people recovered from the virus in the last day, upping the total number of those to have overcome the disease to 69,771.
Source- Arab Times.0