Kuwait rejects police assault at mall.

ALL KUWAITI STUDENTS FREED AFTER EGYPT ALTERCATION

Kuwait on Sunday voiced dismay and rejection of an assault by Egyptian policemen on a number of Kuwaiti students in Egypt’s northern city of Alexandria on Saturday. This came in a statement by the Kuwaiti Ministry of Foreign Affairs as Kuwaiti Deputy Foreign Minister Ambassador Mansour Al-Otaibi communicated with Egyptian Ambassador in Kuwait Osama Shaltout, calling on Egyptian authorities to take official and legal action in this regard.

The Kuwaiti official also called on Egyptian authorities to carry out investigations into the case, bring the perpetrators to accountability and take necessary measures to deter such unacceptable individual behaviors that do not reflect fraternal relations between Kuwait and Egypt.

The Kuwaiti official told the Egyptian ambassador that the Foreign Ministry, in collaboration with the Kuwaiti Embassy in Cairo, would follow up the required action to be taken by Egyptian authorities. The Kuwaiti reaction came in response to Egyptian policemen’s assault on a group of Kuwaiti students following a quarrel between the students themselves at a shopping mall in Alexandria on Saturday.

Meanwhile, Kuwait Embassy in Cairo said that all Kuwaiti students, who were detained following the row at an Alexandria shopping mall, have been released. The Embassy renewed the call for its nationals living in Egypt, particularly the students, to abide by the laws and regulations there, according to a statement received by KUNA. Since the row erupted early Saturday morning, the Embassy had been in contact with the competent authorities in Egypt to ensure the safety of the students until they were set free, it said, noting that the embassy followed up the investigations into the incident.

Source- Arab Times.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *