CABINET EXITS PANDEMIC NORMS ON CASE DROP
His Highness the Prime Minister Sheikh Sabah Khaled Al-Hamad Al-Sabah has announced that Kuwait had overcome the latest wave of coronavirus, paving the way for easing the virus restrictions and outlining a new phase of living with it.
In a press conference following his cabinet weekly meeting on Monday, His Highness Sheikh Sabah Khaled clarified that the pre-emptive plans set by the government bodies, mainly the Health Ministry, had paid off. As the infections surge had ebbed and the number of vaccinated people had climbed, the cabinet loosened pandemic restrictions for both vaccinated and unvaccinated people, he announced. His Highness the Premier noted that Kuwait would relax coronavirus restrictions and “live with the virus and its different variants”.
In this regard, His Highness Sheikh Sabah Khaled pointed out that the cabinet had scrapped PCR test requirement for travelers and unvaccinated students allowed attending schools and universities. It also abolished social distancing in mosques and allowed unvaccinated people to enter shopping centers, he said. Government offices will work 100% starting from the 13th of March.
Public transport to operate in full capacity. His Highness the Premier, however, stressed that people still need to wear facemasks. Finally, he expressed appreciation to all people as well as the Public and private sector workers for their cooperation and commitment during the past period.
The COVID-19 ministerial committee briefed, Monday, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defense Sheikh Hamad Jaber Al-Ali Al-Sabah on the latest development concerning the coronavirus pandemic. In a meeting held in Seif Palace, Sheikh Hamad — also chair of the committee — was also informed on the recent improvements in lowering infection rates nationwide as well as an increasing the number of those receiving booster vaccine jabs.
The meeting also touched on government reports connected with the spread of COVID-19 in addition to decisions aimed at curbing the spread of the virus The Kuwaiti Health Ministry on Sunday reported 2,562 new Coronavirus (Covid-19) cases, pushing the country’s tally of confirmed cases so far to 603,869. The number of recoveries also went up by 5,406 to 565,903, the ministry’s Spokesman Dr. Abdullah Al-Sanad said in a statement to KUNA, adding that recovery-to-infection ratio hit 93.7 percent The spokesman added that a single death case due to the virus was confirmed over the last 24 hours, taking the mortality rate to 2,521 since the outbreak of the viral illness. In addition, 90 patients are languishing in intensive care units (ICUs) and there are 35,445 active cases, while Covid-19 wards are home to 394 patients, Al-Sanad noted. Medical teams, further, conducted 27,611 swab tests in the last 24 hours, bringing the country’s overall tests so far to 7,332,716, he added.
Source- Arab Times.0