Kuwaiti ministers on Monday reiterated the country’s condemnation of Houthi attempts to threaten the security of Saudi Arabia, underling their support for steps assumed by the neighbouring Gulf kingdom to ensure its security, stability and sovereignty.
During their weekly session at Sief Palace, led by acting Prime Minister and Defence Minister Sheikh Hamad Jaber Al-Ali Al-Sabah, the cabinet praised an address delivered at a previous meeting by His Highness the Prime Minister Sheikh Sabah Khaled Al-Hamad Al-Sabah on behalf of His Highness the Amir Sheikh Nawaf Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah. The address praised as “fruitful” the national dialogue held between the executive and legislative branches, and called for comprehensive reform and development of government assessment.
Ministers were later briefed on His Highness the Crown Prince Sheikh Mishal Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah’s attendance of the Middle East Initiative Summit in Saudi Arabia, where he pledged Kuwait’s full commitment to Riyadh’s environmental plans. Kuwait stands side-by-side with Saudi Arabia, he said, mentioning that his country is at the forefront of nations seeking to achieve human and environmental sustainability. This can be achieved through strengthening carbon neutral pathways and increasing green spaces, as portrayed in Kuwait’s 2035 development strategy, he said, highlighting the global need for sustainable strategies aimed at the protection of the environment.
In turn, His Highness the Amir’s representative, Deputy Prime Minister and Defence Minister Sheikh Hamad Jaber Al-Ali briefed ministers on his attendance of separate Future Investment Initiative talks in Riyadh. At the meeting, he praised distinguished steps, made by Saudi Arabia, on several economic and social spectrums under the wise leadership of King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al-Saud and Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman Al-Saud as per the kingdom’s 2030 development strategy.
This was followed by a briefing on the country’s COVID-19 pandemic situation, with Health Minister Sheikh Basel Humoud Al-Sabah indicating “stability and continuing improvements,” due to an unprecedented decline in cases, deaths and hospital bed and intensive care unit occupancy to their “lowest levels.” He also reiterated the ministry’s launch of the vaccination campaign for 5-11 year-olds as ministers continued to urge nationals and residents to take the vaccine and for inoculated individuals to take the previously-approved booster shot. Afterwards, the Cabinet discussed political affairs on both the Arab and international fronts.
Ministers voiced Kuwait’s condemnation and denunciation of continued Houthi attempts aiming to target and threaten the security of Saudi Arabia’s Najran, Abha International Airport and Jazan with two drones and ballistic missiles. The Cabinet said the continuation of these hostile practices and escalation against civilians and residential areas as well Saudi Arabia and the region’s security constitute a flagrant violation of the rules of international humanitarian law.
The Cabinet noted that such practices require a rapid and decisive action by the international community to deter these threats and hold the perpetrators accountable. It reiterated that Kuwait fully stands with Saudi Arabia and supports it in all measures taken to maintain its security, stability and sovereignty.
The ministers further deplored the cowardly terrorist bombing on the entrance of Yemeni Aden International Airport that killed and wounded dozens of people. It re-affirmed Kuwait’s firm stance rejecting violence and terrorism in all its forms and manifestations. The Cabinet reiterated Kuwait’s solidarity with the Yemeni legitimate government, renewing its call for the international community to put pressure so as to reach the desired political solution to put an end to the Yemeni crisis, in line with the three agreed-references. It finally expressed sincere condolence to the victims’ relatives, wishing a speedy recovery to those injured.
Source- Arab Times.0